I just found an amazing recipe that I must try on Umami Holiday. SRIRACHA GARLIC WINGS! These look super delicious don't you think?
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Total time: 35 min
- Yield: 4
- Difficulty: easy
- Recipe type: entree
- 3 lbs. of wings or 20-25 medium wings, drumstick separated from the wing
- ½ c. sriracha
- ¼ c. ketchup
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 green onion stalks, white and green parts separated
- Place the wings in a plastic bag.
- Combine the sriracha, ketchup, minced garlic, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil into the bag. Place the white parts of the green onion stalks into the bag as well.
- Seal the bag and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the bag from the fridge and preheat the oven to 375ºF. Cover your baking pan with aluminum foil.
- When the oven has preheated, place the wings in a single layer on your baking sheet. Baste the chicken wings with the leftover sauce in the bag by using a brush–or carefully spoon the marinade onto each wing. Make sure that your baking sheet has raised edges, however, or the marinade will run and burn onto the floor of your oven!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until you notice the edges of the wings start to caramelize and darken considerably.
- Remove from the oven and plate immediately before the skin cools and sticks to the aluminum foil.
- Scatter chopped green onions on top of the wings and serve.
- Will keep up to a week in the fridge–to reheat, simply wrap in aluminum foil and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes at 300ºF.